Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hi can anyone tell me how much it would cost to replace cambelt on daewoo nexia?

Also prices of timing belt, tappets and catalitic converter.


Thankyou|||Call for free to your dealer and ask if the engine in your car is a non-interference engine if it is then your in luck. the labor for your average timing belt is about 5 hours ( ask for labor rate too and do the math ie 5 hrs times rate) a timing belt runs for about 60 dollars (? quid) If your engine is an interference engine then your probably out of luck but there may be hope but not likely, what happens on an interference engine is the piston will hit you valves when the two get out of sync and require a replace meant of all the valves and possibly piston a very large bill.|||It may be cheaper to get a new car depending on the reason it needs replacing...





If you're replacing because the timing belt snapped, you're looking at a very large bill indeed because it damages the rest of the engine.|||Did you ever think of going to the main dealer, on your way to university if necessary, and asking them ?





A competent independent mechanic will be much cheaper.





I did a Volvo a few years ago and it cost me 23 quid.|||I have a daewoo lanos and I can tell you if I had all that stuff to replace, I would drive it off a cliff......of course with me not in it. Where are you located? I have an excellent mechanic in St. George Utah and if you want me to I could get a price, just so you could compare.





Good luck


Nancy|||I used to have a Daewoo Nexia, it cost about 拢40 on top of the servicing charge to change the cam belt at an independent garage.





On some manufacturers cars it is a lot more than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment