Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How much is it going to cost me to fix the coolant hose on my Daewoo?

At least I hope it's just the hose!!!





My car has been hissing and leaking for the last few days, I have been topping up the water everyday just to get by until I get in the garage (which is tomorrow!)





Am I going to have to pay a fortune?

















Ps. Don't be rude about my car - it's great usually!!!|||I've got a 1994 Honda and the radiator bottom hose cost me 拢30 from a honda dealer mainly cos i couldn't be bothered by that point to source a cheaper one (don't ask about the rest of my problems with the car!!!)





Daewoos are cheaper, and the early ones were based on old Vauxhall designs. Replacement hoses should be readily available to fit from your local motor factor. Halfords replacements are a bit generic and are fine for straight lengths, but if you have more than 1 or 2 bends go for a properly made hose. If the radiator is gone, I got one brand new for my Honda from the link below. Shows a Matiz radiator for 拢35





Good luck to you :-)|||What I would do is take it to a mechanic and have them verify whether or not it is just the hose that needs replacing. Then if it is just the hose, odds are you know someone who knows how to take care of cars. Offer them $20 to replace it. But beware, it could also be a hole in your radiator making the noise and that could cost you some big bucks to fix. You may also want to see if your car is still under warranty. If it is, the warranty should cover this.|||Are you taking it to a Daewoo dealer? if so, GREAT! they don't make them anymore, Daewoo stoped making cars, but you chould be able to find parts. For right now just keep addin water|||www.kyautoparts.com/DAEWOOparts|||Buy a new hose at Halfords 拢10 and change it yourself its easy just a few screws on jubelee clips.|||The shop will change the hose and fluid(usually) and charge you anywhere from $85 to $150. A small shop will just change the hose and refill the radiator, charging you around $85.|||lol expect 2 wait months for the part and spend out a fortune daewoo have gone bust chevrolet taken them over now good luck i no this coz my dad had the daewoo matiz took 4 months for gearbox trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment