Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why are the battery and brake lights on 2000 Daewoo Leganza?

Quick and Dirty: My battery and brake lights are dimly lit with the car running. My battery crapped out today, I was able to jump it and get about 4-5 miles. Replaced the battery and the lights are still on.





Long Story: 3 days ago I 'fixed' my tail light problem. The driver's side tail-light would stay on with the headlights on-- basically the wire that ran near the fuse box along the trim broke, I rigged it with a thicker gauge wire.-- I don't know if this cause have jacked up my electrical system!


After I 'fixed' the wire, the next time I started my car the lights came on as described above and my radio had reset to (like I disconnected the battery or unplugged the radio all together). Today, the battery died in traffic (after a really weak start and the car slowly powering down)... the air bag light came on and the other two lights went off.


I was able to jump the car and get it 4-5 miles-- at this point, out of fear the wiring was the cause-- I re-disconnected the wiring I fixed-- with no change/improvement.


I took my battery back to AutoZone and had it checked, got a 'Bad Battery' from the machine. I put a new battery in this afternoon and the car is running fine (for now) but the two lights are still on as described above...





ANY IDEAS??? Did I fry something or did my alternator go at the exact time I 'fixed' my tail light wiring problem.





Other stuff: I already checked my radio-- no loose wires or improper connections. I don't know if there are any fuses I should check in the car??!?





Thanks!|||well its still a good idea to check your fuses and if you have a multi meter check the battiery when running it should read 14.5 volts if not you have a bad altonater. and with you tail lights did you tape up your splice?

No comments:

Post a Comment