Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I replace the window regulator on my daewoo lanos 1999?

I worked on it a bit last night, I was able to strip the door down to the metal. there is a way to access the window but there is still a metal cover shielding the glass, common sense tells me this should be removable to access the mechanism inside, but I was unable to remove it last night. any tips or obvious spots I might have missed that I can try tonight when I get home? the dumb window collapsed and it's freezing cold driving around lol ... anyways thanks in advance!|||beings you already have the covers removed, here's what to try in order to get the window back up.


get someone to work the switch for that particular to go UP. make sure they don't try to make it go down. while they hold the switch in the up position TAP THE WINDOWS MOTOR WITH A HAMMER. those motors often get jammed and the hammer may just be the thing to get to work again. if it goes up then you at least know it's the motor but be sure not to try to use it again or the same thing might happen.


good luck to ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment