Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Where can I find the timing details for a Daewoo Lanos?

The timing belt has gone on my parents car (apparently) and they would like me to attempt to fix it so my brother can use it (he has the mechanical knowledge of a dead goat). Where can I find the timing details/settings so that I can get it running again and sell it to him for an extortionate amount? If I fix it, I sell it and keep the cash, if I can't fix it I sell it in bits and keep the cash. Win win situation really, but I want a go at fixing it. Crap car, I know, but it'll be fun...|||if the timming belt has broken when the engine was running there is a strong possibilty that the engine was totally destroyed first you need to do a comperssion test if there is no compression then you are looking at a lot of money and i dont think a dead goat would buy it in that state|||You should be able to buy the official Daewoo workshop manual from your local Chevrolet dealer. It is in A4 lever-arch file format.|||If it's the 1.6 engine the timing marks are.


2 x cam pulley's marks 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock towards the centre as you look at them, and the crank pulley at 6 o'clock.


If it is the 1.4 or 1.5 they are top cam pulley 12 o'clock and bottom crank pulley 6 o'clock.


As these are an interference engine the valves may be damaged if the belt broke whilst it was running so your probably wasting your time.


Best luck.|||Hi





You may aswell either break it for parts now or remove the cylinder head. Its knackered.





Best regards





Geordie|||the cylinder head will need removing first to repl;ace the bent valves and check the valve guides.


is it the 8 valve or 16 valve engine in this car?|||Get hold of a manual for an old Vauxhall Astra, it's the same car with slight bodywork modifications but mechanically the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment