Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Daewoo Cielo overheating, but cooling fan is working. Is it thermostat or something else?

I have checked the cooling fan and it is working, but not coming on when the engine starts to overheat. There is some sort of switch inside a bolt on the radiator, the live feed for the fan goes into it and a switch feed comes out to the fan (if that makes sense). The live feed is good, but the switch feed does not come on. What is this 'bolt'? Is it a radiator thermostat, I thought the thermostat was in the engine block?





Also, the temperature indicator goes up to about a quarter, but never into the red, so not sure if the thermostat is knackered?|||First of all son.......IT'S A DAEWOO...having said that, Did you check the fluid level...Does it have an overflow container in the fender? is it full? Check your switch..is it OK? But most of all when it comes to YOUR car, get and keep informed....Don't THINK.... KNOW...There is nothing more dangerous than a loose nut behind the wheel...Now I don't Pretend to know everything..If I told you that I'd be lying. In a case like yours I would start with the most inexpensive thing and start replacing whatever it took to get it fixed,,,That way you learn from trial and error what is wrong with your car. You have my sympathies.

No comments:

Post a Comment